• Family Owned Organisation
• NZ’s Largest Electrical Wholesaler
J. A. Russell Ltd is a proud New Zealand owned business that has been a trusted name in the electrical industry since 1951. Our experience and knowledge make us the go-to wholesaler for electrical contractors. With 75 branches nationwide, we employ the best people in the industry.
This is a newly created senior level management opportunity. Reporting to the CEO this role is responsible for the timely and efficient implementation of an ambitious five year strategic IT plan.
There is also a requirement to manage business as usual and to provide leadership to a team of approximately 12 people which includes several senior positions.
The person we seek for this position will “first and foremost” have sound technical knowledge and successful management experience in a NZ IT leadership role.
You will also be an excellent communicator, able to explain importance and complexity in simple language and provide genuine positive motivational leadership.
You will also demonstrate astute vendor management skills – while your depth of expertise means you are able to quickly evaluate capabilities, timelines, costs and non-essentials in order to successfully deliver the IT programme.
Key Skills and Experience Required
• A relevant university level qualification
• Experience in a senior IT management role in a large NZ organisation
• Significant high level experience in leading a technology change strategy
• Strong stakeholder management experience at an executive level
• Experience in running multiple IT platforms and applications
• Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
• Experience with the implementation of information technology integrations/change management.
• Demonstrated ability in leading teams and creating a high performing engaged culture.
• Experience with vendor IT sourcing and leveraging third party solutions
• Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
• Financial literacy, including budgeting, cash flow planning and an ability to interpret published and internal financial statements
What We Offer
This is an Auckland based role with national responsibility and may require some travel domestically.
We offer a remuneration package that is flexible and commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful appointee.
If you would like to apply for this role in strict confidence, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.