Global fitness industry leader
Fun, fast growing, inspirational culture
NZ Head Office position based in Hamilton
Collaborative, positive, team-focused COO required to lead this large and successful franchisor into the future.
Anytime Fitness is the world’s leading 24-hour fitness franchise, with over 4,500 clubs located across 30 countries. In New Zealand, Anytime Fitness currently operates over 40 clubs, with the brand continuing to grow from strength to strength.
Our mission it to help people overcome the barriers to healthier lives, which we strive to do every day by providing members with world-class support, resources and a surprisingly personable customer service experience.
Reporting to and under the guidance of the Chief Executive Officer NZ, the key focus for this role is to direct, administer, and coordinate the operational activities of Anytime Fitness in accordance with agreed policies, goals, and objectives, with a focus on growing the business across New Zealand, aligning with the company strategy and preserving the Anytime Fitness brand and culture.
Fundamentally the candidate we seek for this role will wholeheartedly embrace the organization’s core philosophy and values.
With a number of key staff reporting directly to this position, the successful applicant will possess a broad suite of every day management skills honed over many years, ideally in a services based franchise or multi branch organization.
The role requires experience, energy and strength in operational management, and you must also demonstrate sound commercial and analytical skills underpinning your decision making.
Importantly, because of your ability to communicate complex information in a concise and lucid manner, you will be an effective leader and motivator of all staff whilst earning the respect and trust of external franchisees and suppliers.
Key Responsibilities include
• Operational Reporting – provide Directors with monthly updates, forecasts and recommendations.
• Deliver Profitability – Ensure revenues and operational costs are in line with budget expectations and margins are preserved.
• Facility Management – Ensure facilities operate in line with set policy guidelines and meet performance targets.
• Human Resources – Ensure compliance with relevant workplace legislation, manage and monitor internal HR processes, manage recruitment processes and work with directors to optimize team structures and resources.
• Systems and IT Development – Maintain appropriate computer and telephone system requirements – troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Project Management – as required.
Key Skills and Experience Required
• A tertiary qualification such as a B’Com, or other relevant degree is desired, however candidates who are clearly ‘Qualified by Experience’ are encouraged to apply.
• Ideally you would have worked within a franchise service-based organization or within a multi-disciplined New Zealand organization
• Strong communication skills, commercial awareness and the ability to influence and gain buy-in at all levels
Remuneration is negotiable and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ or Australia and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
If you would like to apply for this role in strict confidence, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.