• Diverse Role – Vehicles, Plant and Equipment
• Large multi-location Heavy Engineering company
• Newly created role – East Tamaki location.
Career opportunity for an experienced equipment / asset manager
About the Company
Our client is a privately owned, New Zealand heavy engineering company. They specialise in delivering high quality maintenance, manufacturing and project services to a wide variety of clients.
Their ever-growing client base reflects their delivery, integrity and long-term customer focus.
About the Role
This newly created role reports to the CFO and is responsible for delivering quality, timely and cost-effective equipment support and will manage all in-service aspects regarding plant and equipment, which includes acquisition, through life management and disposal of assets nationally. In addition, overall planning and maintenance of the company’s fleet of vehicles, including purchase and disposal.
Duties will be split between desk and field-based activities as the role of co-ordinating and planning vehicles, plant and equipment will meet regular operational and key project requirements.
The person we seek will have a solid history and proven success in equipment/asset management, preferably with a background in supply chain management with a strong understanding of integrated Logistics Support in order to develop effective tracking and life-cycle management systems
Additionally, you will develop a formal fleet asset management plan and be skilled in planning optimised maintenance schedules, analysing cost benefits related to outsourcing opportunities and assist with procurement and contract negotiations nationally.
You will be commercially mature, engaging, proactive, energetic and enthusiastic.
Most importantly your superior interpersonal and communication skills will enable you to comfortably convey and cement thoughts, ideas and opinions and influence change.
We’re looking for an inquisitive and smart self-starter who will provide operational assurance that reliable resources are available when and where needed.
You will have a natural capability to balance the design and implementation of effective processes and systems with commercial pragmatism, and an ability to build rapport with all staff from the depots to senior management.
The successful applicant will ideally have a good knowledge of NZ engineering regulations, compliance standards and codes of practice.
• Liaise with the Executive Team to manage the company’s equipment, plant, assets and fleet of vehicles
• Coordination between Head Office and sites to manage equipment requirements
• To provide excellent customer service to IMG’s personnel and customers
• Thorough understanding of the relevant statutory regulations and ensuring compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety requirements
Qualifications and Experience.
• A business-related degree or technical degree
• Sound experience in managing or co-ordinating vehicle fleets in transport, engineering, mining, forestry, civil construction or similar industries is essential.
• Advanced Excel analysis skills and system design experience
What the Role Offers
In this career advancing role you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a genuinely warm and welcoming team and huge opportunity to develop your skillset, both on-the-job and through targeted learning.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application and CV.