• Large, well established and growing heavy engineering company
• Newly created role to manage a growing Estimation team
• Collegiate team environment
Seeking an estimation manager with heavy industrial engineering and mechanical experience along with a good knowledge of contract management.
Our client is a leading industrial specialist providing engineering, mechanical and hydraulic services to leading manufacturing, commercial, industrial and utility providers.
With almost 300 staff and 20 years’ experience, their success is based on long term client relationships that consistently add value through innovation, safety, quality and experience.
About the Role:
This role has recently been expanded and will report to the newly created Engineering Manager position.
We’re looking for a proven Estimating Manager who will lead a growing team providing collaborative, innovative and technical thinking using commercial strategy to achieve the best outcome for both IMG and our customers.
This role will be instrumental in building long term strategic partnerships with our customers, suppliers and contractors adding value with technically sound solutions.
While this role is based in East Tamaki, this role will lead the strategy and process for estimators in multiple geographic locations.
You will lead the team to develop and deliver innovative, solution based estimates and quotes, focussing on timeliness, accuracy and quality covering all aspects of heavy engineering, manufacturing and associated projects.
The role liaises closely with Managers and Workshop Supervisors across several sites in the upper North Island, ensuring all work is quoted in accordance with contract specifications, company and customer quality system requirements.
You’ll join a great team culture which offers exciting opportunities and training for energetic and focused people.
• Deliver the Strategic Vision and direction provided by the Executive team – lead the journey in your department
• Manage the Estimating Team both locally and across the company to ensure quoting processes are followed and submission timeframes are achieved
• Work closely with the operations and sales teams to recognise new sales opportunities and maintain market share with our existing customers
• Effectively manage department expenditure in line with the budget
• Provide input to budgeting and forecasting activities
• Provide our customers (internal and external) services, workmanship and materials which meet or exceed industry standards and agreed specifications
You’ll have several years’ estimation team management experience in a similar environment.
You’ll need to demonstrate sound ability to multi-task, stay focused and meet deadlines.
The successful appointee must be able to present clearly and confidently at a senior level and build good rapport and positive working relationships with staff of different cultures and backgrounds at all levels.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
• Sound commercial acumen with good contract management skills
• Engineering background – ability to read and interpret engineering plans and design
• A high level of competency in Word, Excel and associated programs
• Great customer engagement skills
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application and CV.