• Large, well established and growing engineering company
• Part of large Estimation team
• Career Advancement Opportunities
Experienced and flexible estimator required – East Tamaki Workshop based
Our client is a large privately owned industrial specialist providing maintenance, capital projects, fabrication and specialist services to leading manufacturing, commercial, industrial and utility providers.
With over 300 staff and 20 years’ experience in their sector, their success is based on long term client relationships that consistently add value through innovation, safety, quality and experience.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a mechanical estimator to provide accurate and timely estimates and quotations to cover all aspects of their heavy engineering projects and in conjunction with the Managers and Workshop Supervisors, ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with contract specifications and both Company and client quality system requirements.
You’ll join a great team culture which offers exciting opportunities and training for energetic and focused people.
• Preparing quotations
• Supporting the tendering processes
• Gathering documentation, blueprints, specifications and identifying hidden costs and materials errors
• Maintain the Company Estimating Register
• Site and customer visits as required to support the sales process
• Provide customers (internal and external) with services, workmanship and materials which meet or exceed industry standards and agreed specifications
Ideally you’ll have several years’ mechanical estimation experience in a similar environment.
You’ll need to demonstrate sound ability to multi-task, stay focused and meet deadlines.
The successful appointee must be able to present clearly and confidently at a senior level and build good rapport and positive working relationships with staff of different cultures and backgrounds at all levels.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
• Engineering knowledge and understanding
• Intermediate to advanced MS and Excel skills
• Experience in sales or customer relations
• Can understand budgets, plans and financials
• Understanding of blueprints, engineering symbols and plans
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application and CV.