- Large & well established, heavy engineering company
- Genuine career advancement opportunity
- Part of a large fast paced team – varied and stimulating work
First class Fitter wanted – excellent problem solver – huge work variety
About The Company
Our client is a well-established NZ engineering company with a large scale operation based in East Tamaki, Glenbrook and Kawerau.
They are an industrial specialist providing maintenance, capital projects, and fabrication and specialist services to leading manufacturing, commercial, industrial and utility providers.
Their various workshops provide a wide variety of services including machining, heavy diesel and hydraulics.
This role is based at their large well equipped workshop complex in East Tamaki
About The Job and You
This is a dayshift role and the duties encompass everything from new build to breakdown, maintenance and repairs.
We’re looking for a certified Fitter Welder with several years’ relevant recent experience in custom steel builds and with very good welding skills.
The person we seek will have experience in onsite fabrication but also in a wide variety of work in a jobbing shop and someone with the experience to quickly identify effective solutions to engineering challenges.
This is a genuine opportunity in a rapidly growing company.
The standard hours are Monday to Friday 7am – 5pm
However it is anticipated that there will be a good amount of overtime available and overtime rates are paid after 50 hours in any work week.
Skills and Experience Needed
- Certified Fitter Welder – Boilermaker – MIG (TIG not essential )
- AS/NZS2980 or equivalent with several years current relevant experience.
- Able to read tech drawings
- Experience with CNC machines and Gantry Crane operation might also be advantageous.
- Demonstrates a good knowledge and commitment to safe work practices
- Can pass Drug and alcohol testing.
If you can say yes to the above requirements, we want to hear from you today.
You must currently reside in NZ and have a valid permanent work permit to be considered for this position
Send us your CV or cover letter explaining your skills and experience.
Click on the Apply Now button now……..