• Work for a Company where people and safety matter
• Exciting diverse business- multiple locations & project work
• East Tamaki location, full time, permanent
Career Opportunity – Large Multi-Site Engineering Company
About the Company
IMG is a privately owned, New Zealand Company with over 20 years’ experience in our sector. We specialise in delivering high quality maintenance, manufacturing and project services to a wide variety of clients.
Our ever-growing client base reflects our delivery, integrity and long-term customer focus. We believe we have an exciting future as we embark on a journey to positively challenge the market and further invest in our people, relationships, operations and infrastructure.
About the role……
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join our collaborative and high performing team.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of Site HS&E plans for a wide variety of work, on both IMG and customer sites throughout New Zealand. A key part of this role will be to champion behaviour change initiatives and continuous improvement with a specific focus on individuals taking responsibility for the safety of themselves.
• Develop and implement high quality Health & Safety Site Plans as required, for regular work (workshop and manufacturing), planned shuts and project work throughout IMG.
• To provide quality advice, support and guidance to Managers’, building their capability in HS & E management.
• Demonstrate leadership in HS&E through consultation and engagement.
• Keep up to date with developments, trends and initiatives within your field of expertise and share with the team.
• Assist the National HSE Manager to ensure company policies and processes are legally compliant, standards and guidelines are maintained, and that they reflect best practice, i.e. pre-employment assessments, D&A testing, health monitoring programmes, training, certifications and training renewals.
• Ensure appropriate tools, incident reporting & investigation, hazard management systems and audit schedules are in place and being used effectively as per plans.
• Initiate and take a lead role in the investigation of any serious incidents, making suggestions for changes to safety plans accordingly.
To be successful you will need to have …
• Relevant tertiary qualification
• Demonstrable understanding of H&S reporting requirements and methods, i.e. risk analysis, incident reporting, lag and lead indicators, trend analysis and ICAM Investigation skills
• Experience in a contracting environment and or heavy industry/manufacturing
• Ability and willingness to travel to other IMG and Customer sites, including overnight stays for the duration of a project/shut.
• Excellent communication skills, able to partner with people at all levels of the business.
• A positive attitude, ‘can do, will do’ approach
In this potentially career defining role, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a genuinely warm and welcoming team and endless opportunity develop your skillset, both on-the-job and through targeted learning.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to receive your application!
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application and CV.