• Large & well established and growing engineering company
• Senior position (One of two new positions)
• Large and capable workshop team
Experienced and flexible Workshop Manager required -working closely with Field Service Team
Our client is a well-established NZ engineering company with a large-scale operation based in East Tamaki.
They are an industrial specialist providing maintenance, capital projects, fabrication and specialist services to leading manufacturing, commercial, industrial and utility providers.
A significant part of their operations involves maintenance of heavy machinery and mobile plant.
This is a pivotal role at a senior level based in East Tamaki and reporting to the East Tamaki Branch Manager
The Heavy Diesel Workshop Manager will work closely with the Heavy Diesel Field Service and will need to co-ordinate resources and react quickly to the requirements of the field staff, whilst also effectively managing workshop activity.
The two Heavy Diesel Managers will work together to jointly drive continuous improvement, seek growth opportunities, improve profitability and further develop a cohesive and multi-skilled Heavy Diesel team.
The person we seek will have proven resource optimisation and leadership experience in training and motivating staff in an engineering environment.
You will be an industry expert, providing a high level of technical and problem-solving skill to our customers and focused on value added solutions.
Your ability to foresee potential job obstacles and the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems will be key to your success.
Key Responsibilities include
• Organising workflow, ensuring staff understand the work requirements for the day and their responsibilities
• Ensuring staff have the tools and resources to do their jobs
• Providing support to staff, coaching and assistance where necessary, and providing a link between staff and management
• Liaising with all stakeholders to ensure “no surprises to customers”
• Effectively managing expenditure in line with budget
• Maintaining a tidy, organised, well equipped and maintained workshop.
• Ability to maintain high safety and quality standards
• A real customer focus to grow the business and ensure the work meets or exceeds expectations
Skills and Experience Required
• Excellent leadership skills – a people person!
• Advanced knowledge of diesel engines and mobile plant
• Expert diagnostic and fault-finding skills
• Financial acumen and the confidence to manage P&L
• Ability to work extended hours when required
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application and CV.