• Full Responsibility for Site
• Specialist Heavy Engineering Production
• Large Organisation – NZ Owned Company
Potential career opportunity with input into the wider group
About the Company
Our client is a privately owned, New Zealand heavy engineering company with several decades’ experience in their sector.
They specialise in delivering high quality maintenance, manufacturing and project services to a wide variety of clients.
About the Role
The role primarily consists of managing the daily production, the stores function, forecasting and scheduling, and managing your team to ensure production targets are met.
You will work closely with the main client, as a PCBU, to ensure that Health & Safety is a priority and central to all activities.
As a member of the Operations team you will have input into the wider Group, working with the team to streamline common activities across the business and roll out continuous improvement initiatives.
You will have a solid understanding of manufacturing, be innovative, process oriented and understand the balance between people and productivity.
You’ll enjoy the autonomy and challenge of running your own ship.
With a cool head, a concise communication style and the ability to solve problems – both people and process – you’ll thrive on the challenge to develop a flexible, engaged and reliable team that is constantly striving to improve efficiencies.
• Set overall direction for the team, establishing goals and objectives for individuals and for the wider team
• Motivate and communicate with individuals to ensure information flow, open communication and common understanding
• Carry out scheduling and planning, organising workflow to meet production requirements, and ensuring Job Packs are prepared and accurate
• Ensure the productive utilisation of labour and material resources to meet production targets
• Engage with our customer to understand their fundamental needs and build an effective working relationship
• Be an expert regarding the manufacture of the product, providing a high level of technical and problem-solving skill to our customer
• Ensure the inspection and test requirements of the job are understood and adhered to
• Ensure maintenance schedules are prepared, and adhered to
• Work with the Maintenance Engineer to organise maintenance activity, minimising disruption to production and ensuring that activities comply with H&S requirements
Qualifications and Experience Preferred
• A relevant tertiary qualification
• A minimum of 5 years Production Management experience
• Experience working in a heavy manufacturing environment with steel product
• Financial acumen and the ability to take responsibility for a profit centre
• Be prepared to work alongside your team on a daily basis
If you’re looking to take the next step up the ladder in your career and you’re prepared to do what it takes to add value to this business, then please apply now.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application and CV.