Seeking an admin support person with some Head Office retail chain planning knowledge and ideally familiar with category management processes.
Top Salary for an experienced retail professional
Iconic NZ Retailer – Head Office position
Dynamic team environment with strong company values
Central Manukau City location
Our client is a large iconic retail chain with high visibility and recognition throughout New Zealand.
They have over 100 stores and a combined turnover in excess of $100 million a year.
They are strongly values driven and actively strive to enhance the lives of our customers, suppliers and staff.
This role is based at our modern spacious offices in Manukau.
This is not an ‘entry level’ position but it is ideal for a person with a limited amount of experience but excellent skill sets.
The Category Assistant provides administrative and reporting support to the Category Management Team.
They maintain the data integrity within the appropriate databases, assist with marketing promotions and assist with store communications.
Reporting to the Category Manager this role will suit a person with strong administration skills and a good knowledge of retail merchandising.
You may have experience as a support person in a retail buying team or may have relevant transferable skills within the retail industry and it would be a distinct advantage if you have had exposure to global sourcing activities.
We seek a person who values others and understands how what they do can make a positive contribution to an organisation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate sound planning and organising capabilities as well as high attention to detail, ability to work to deadlines.
You’ll need to be calm and considerate at all times, maintaining an open honest approach and above all have a great sense of humour
Communication and relationship building skills are paramount for this role in order to provide prompt and outstanding service to our staff and store managers.
Tasks will include:-
• Provide personal assistance and administration support to the Category Managers
• Manage diaries, meeting preparation and book meetings
• Assist with gathering statistical and strategic feedback on promotional activities
• Generate product performance, forecast, analysis and other reports as requested
• Generate key market reports as required by the business
• Assist with obtaining images and text for promoted products to meet agreed timelines
• Assist with proof-reading promotional materials
• Acknowledge all member queries appropriately
• Develop and maintain systems for improving department efficiency
Skills and Experience Required
• Several years’ experience as a buyer’s assistant in a NZ retail chain environment
• Experience in retail category management
• Excellent written and spoken English communication skills, strong numeracy skills and computer literacy in MS Word and Excel are essential.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application and CV.