Building products – Normal business hours
Mt Wellington – Vestey Drive
Multi branch environment
Seeking a switched on and motivated store person with great interpersonal and customer facing skills.
Our client is a NZ family owned company and leading supplier of hardware to the construction industry. Established for over 60 years and with 5 showroom branches nationally they are passionate about what they do and proud to be the industry leader in their field.
This role is based at their Head Office site in Mt Wellington.
We’re looking for an experienced store person ‘2IC’ with maybe some customer service experience as well. You don’t need to have a fork hoist or reach truck license but it could be advantageous.
The daily activities include:
• Receipting and processing inwards goods deliveries
• Pick and pack orders for customers or other branches
• Pack doors or hardware for customers to collect
• Notify customers when orders are ready
• Help with stock takes
• Help in the showroom if required
The Person We’re Looking For
• Someone who’s maybe worked in a ‘tradie’ environment before – maybe a plumbing electrical or building products outlet or warehouse.
• Good level of fitness – preferably able to lift up to 25kg,
• Motivated attitude and reliability.
• Great communication skills…’a sweet as dude or dudette’!
• Well organized with good computer skills.
• Can pass a Ministry of Justice check and drug screening
The general hours are 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday
There may be some overtime available as the branch is open Saturdays from 8am to 12 noon and these are rostered. The team currently works approximately one Saturday in every three.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and be legally entitled to work permanently in NZ.
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application and CV.