Office and Field Based – Nationwide NZ Branches
Well established NZ building products company – Mt Wellington location
Looking for a charismatic sales and branch operations leader to take this business to the next level and beyond.
Our client is a leading supplier to the construction and architecture industry of door hardware, automated access security systems and bathroom hardware.
Established for over 60 years and with 5 showroom/warehouse branches nationally they are passionate about what they do and proud to be the industry leader in their field.
This role is based at their Mt Wellington head office.
Reporting to the General Manager the key function of this senior position is to lead and mentor the Branches and sales team across the country with best practice sales techniques and to drive revenue and margin growth from existing accounts as well as identifying opportunities for growth within New Zealand.
You will bring professional multi branch construction or hardware industry experience and impart knowledge to your team, maintaining a harmonious environment of excellence, measured performance and motivation for all staff.
The ideal candidate will have experience in identifying and developing new market opportunities as well as a keen understanding of value propositions and value drivers for prospective customer segments.
You will be responsible for improving efficiencies in their commercial operations through process improvement with a strong emphasis on innovation.
The ideal candidate will have significant managerial and leadership experience in a NZ distribution / retail environment
Importantly you will be a warm and genuine person who builds strong healthy working relationships whilst maintaining a firm professional and pragmatic approach.
You will naturally motivate staff and bring them on the journey with you.
This will be a very busy hands-on role requiring a self-reliant person who will make consistent decisions whilst working towards achievement of a shared vision.
Key Tasks will include:-
• Own the growth of the Trade and Retail market share across NZ
• Develop and implement a Trade and Retail Strategic Plan to deliver growth objectives and drive its implementation in a timely efficient and cost effective way, which aligns with the overall Company strategy
• Provide outstanding leadership and guidance for the Branch Managers
• Create and implement continuous process improvement to drive operational excellence
• Identify and grow sales opportunities across new accounts
• Maintain and improve customer margins and profitability
• Develop customer service behaviours and training to all front-line staff that are consistent with the companies core values and purpose
• Develop and grow a high performance team
• Contribute on a regular basis to internal and external marketing communications
Skills and Experience Required (Essential):-
• Qualification by proven experience is the key requisite for this role
• A tertiary qualification in marketing or business may be advantageous
• Experience managing a NZ multi branch organisation would also be advantageous
• Proven high level commercial negotiation skills;
• Proven successful experience in developing people and staff management.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application letter and CV.