Our client is a medium sized NZ organisation with branches in Auckland and Hamilton specialising in the provision of telecommunications services including Civil lay and haul as well as data cabling services.
Recent growth in the telco and civil works divisions means they are now looking to hire an in-house Traffic Manager to oversee road closures, traffic management on job sites and supervise staff.
This is a ‘hands on’ and on-site role providing leadership and planning for your team.
The role is based in Onehunga and will report to the Onehunga Branch Manager but will require on-site work in the Auckland region.
Accordingly a company vehicle (Ford Ranger ute or similar) will be provided.
In addition to proven experience in Traffic Management as a supervisor or foreperson the successful candidate must demonstrate a genuine safety priority and understanding of legislation and the technicalities of the role.
You’ll need to deliver first class services in a friendly manner, securing “buy in” from all stakeholders through respect and positivity, and offering clear direction and monitoring activities whilst working alongside your team in the field.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Delivering Level 2 and Level 3 traffic management in the Auckland region
• Designing and implementing safe and effective traffic management plans
• Leading a safe site setup and ensure legislative requirements are met
• Ensure all work is completed to the satisfaction of our customers
• Maintaining complete job records
• Providing reports on all activities as required to managers
• Offer coaching and training to your team to grow their capabilities
Experience and Skills Required
• A Level 2/3P STMS certificate with proven experience
• A full class 2 drivers licence
• The ability to read, understand and implement Traffic Management Plans
• Strong leadership skills
• Safety and quality focused
• A comprehensive understanding of CoPTTM
• Effective communication skills
• The company offers 40 hours per week – 4 x 10 hour days, Monday – Thursday however flexibility to undertake night and weekend duties is required
Please note: Drug screening is mandatory for all applicants offered work opportunities.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application and CV.