• Large, well established and growing heavy engineering company
• Newly created role – New ‘HumanForce’ planning software
• Professional but relaxed team environment
Be involved in the Implementation project – ongoing establishment of policies, processes and site resource management
Our client is a leading industrial specialist providing engineering, mechanical and hydraulic services to leading manufacturing, commercial, industrial and utility providers.
With almost 300 staff and 20 years’ experience, their success is based on long term client relationships that consistently add value through innovation, safety, quality and experience.
About the Role:
A newly created role, this is a great opportunity for someone to come in and shape the future of workforce planning across seven branches in the North Island.
They are in the early stages of implementing their chosen Workforce Management Tool, HumanForce.
You will be integral in the success of this project and will work closely with their Business Improvement Team in implementation, setting company/branch rules, policies, and procedures.
Post implementation, the Workforce Planner will be required to work closely with their branches to ensure their permanent workforce and fluctuating casual workforce of up to 400+ people are in the right place, at the right time, capable and competent, and in their right roles to deliver to customers’ job/project requirements.
While this new role is based in East Tamaki, the role will require occasional travel between branches in the upper half of the North Island
You will have workforce planning skills that will enable you to schedule resources to the changing volumes of work, identify potential risks/conflicts, problem solve and provide trend analysis to meet short-term operational needs and assist with long-term strategy decisions.
Success in the role will come from your ability to understand the business requirements (peaks and troughs) and the identification of where you can capture staff utilisation efficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
• Several years’ experience in a workforce planner or similar planner type role
• A good understanding of planning models and analytics
• Proven experience utilising technology-based modelling tools and best practice.
• Ability to build lasting relationships internally and externally.
• Meticulous and organised approach, and comfortable being at the forefront in understanding operational needs.
• A high degree of verbal and written communication skills.
• Good persuasion and negotiation skills!
What the Role Offers:
• Above market salary
• Ability to work from home 1 day a week
• Work with a great team
• Be part of a company that’s on a transformational journey…
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your application and CV.